- Target Audience
- Youth/pupils/studentsFirst responders or practitionersLocal community organisations/NGOs
- key themes association
- Foreign Terrorist Fighters and their familiesLocal strategies/cities
Aarhus municipality and the East Jutland Police
This is a multi-agency intervention in the form of a collaboration between Aarhus municipality and the East Jutland Police. External partners are the University of Aarhus, the Ministry of Social Affairs and the Danish Intelligence and Security Service. As such, it constitutes a local practice in Aarhus municipality and the East Jutland Police district, but it may be considered a government practice, since it is tax funded.
Type of Organisation: Other
This model offers intervention at two levels: it addresses the general population as well as individuals.
General population intervention
- Raises awareness of professionals and the public.
Achieved via briefings and workshops for professionals and teaching institutions.
- Entails collaboration with local communities.
Involves respectful and assertive dialogue with mosques, cultural associations and other major players in local communities.
- First-line staff of the Task Force carry out risk evaluations of individuals and groups.
- Professional staff are counselled on dealing with cases linked to radicalisation.
- Counselling is provided for individuals and families in cases related to radicalisation.
- Mentoring is provided for individuals at risk of radicalisation or involved with violent extremism.
- Contingency plans are made for foreign fighters and their families.
- Exit programmes are set up for individuals involved in violent extremist environments.
- Workshop for raising awareness in schools and educational institutions — concept programme
- Life psychology: method for mentoring individuals who are radicalised or at risk of radicalisation
- Book on life psychology and training programmes by Professor Preben Bertelsen, University of Aarhus
- Risk evaluation concepts
East Jutland Police,
8000 Aarhus C,
8000 Aarhus C,
Contact person: Signe Reichenbach, ph.
Telephone: (+45) 8940 3117