The RAN YOUNG Platform is open to the next generation of influential leaders, thinkers and doers in the field of prevention and countering of violent extremism (P/CVE).
The aim is to provide young people a voice in P/CVE and the opportunity to insert the perspective of young people to our network of first-line practitioners.
- Offer the opportunity to young actors from around Europe to meet and exchange on P/CVE and related issues.
- Create a safe space to share views and formulate recommendations both for first-line practitioners and policymakers.
- Empower young people to proactively take action in their own communities or within their specific professions.
RAN YOUNG Platform meeting in Athens
11 juil. 2022 RAN YOUNG gives young people from across Europe the opportunity to share and exchange ideas on P/CVE. We took the opportunity to put some questions about P/CVE issues to a few of them.
10 years after RAN’s creation, digitalisation has transformed the landscape. The next 10 years is likely to see the digital domain become increasingly important. But these rapid changes can also offer opportunities for new practices. The inspiration for possible next steps is all around us, and there are certainly grounds for optimism in this digital age.
The RAN Policy & Practice event in Madrid on 25 April 2018 looked into how governments can support and enhance the creation of effective alternative and counter narratives, and how young people can be involved.
Do we really have nothing in common? Are we so different? What do you think? These RAN people have a story to share! Their message: we have #SoMuchInCommon, do you feel the same? Share a story on social media and use #SoMuchInCommon
N'avons-nous vraiment rien en commun ? Sommes-nous si différents ? Qu'est-ce que tu en penses? Ces jeunes de RAN YOUNG ont chacun une histoire à raconter ! Raconte toi aussi une histoire et partage-la en utilisant #SoMuchInCommon
Haben wir wirklich nichts gemeinsam? Sind wir so vershieden? Was denkst du? Diese jungen Leuten von RAN YOUNG möchten eine Geschichte mit euch teilen! Wire haben #SoMuchInCommon
This webinar aimed to introduce RAN and RAN YOUNG, as well as to discuss Violent Extremism, Radicalisation and Prevention work.
The RAN study visit to Leicester in June was an opportunity to learn how the city has involved young people in its local P/CVE approach. William Baldet, the Prevent Strategy coordinator for Leicester, Hoor Pathan, the founder of the Lets TAP (Talk About Politics) project, Brahmpreet Gulati, Young Advisors to Leicester City Council, and Sumeyye Dalkiran, a university student in Amsterdam, speak about the importance of including young people in the decision-making process, especially in tackling radicalisation.
Listen to the podcast.
After RAN activities and Working Group meetings, an ex-post paper highlights lessons learned, insights and follow-up initiatives.
- RAN YOUNG Engaging and Empowering Young People in P/CVE, Athens 24-25 May 2022
- RAN YOUNG: Youth Review Panel, online meeting 22-23 March 2022
- RAN YOUNG Platform Youth Participation in P/CVE for Local Authorities, online meeting 02-03 March 2021
- RAN YOUNG platform Galvanising youth in combatting online disinformation, online meeting 07-08 December 2020 (also available in French and German)
- RAN YOUNG platform Guidelines for local authorities: how to organise a youth review panel, online meeting 01-02 October 2020 (also available in French and German)
- RAN YOUNG Guidelines for young activists: how to set up a P/CVE initiative Paper 3, Madrid 10-11 September 2019 (also available in French and German)
- RAN YOUNG Guidelines for young activists: how to set up a P/CVE initiative Paper 2, Bordeaux 07-08 May 2019 (also available in French and German)
- RAN YOUNG Guidelines for young activists: how to set up a P/CVE initiative Paper 1, Amsterdam 25-27 March 2019 (also available in French and German)
- A Nimble (NMBL) Approach to Youth Engagement in P/CVE, 2018 (also available in French and German)
- RAN YOUNG review panel – Collection practices, Riga 22-23 November 2018 (also available in French and German)
- RAN YOUNG Empowering young people to successfully participate in PCVE, Nice 10-11 September 2018 (also available in French and German)
- RAN Policy & Practice Event, Involving young people in counter and alternative narratives – why involve peers?, Madrid 25 April 2018
- RAN YOUNG Holding difficult conversations, Stockholm 01-02 March 2018 (also available in French and German)
- RAN YOUNG – Policy Recommendations, March 2018 (also available in French and German)
- RAN YOUNG kick-off meeting, Madrid 28-29 March 2017
For contact information, see here