- Target Audience
- First responders or practitionersGeneral publicLocal community organisations/NGOs
- key themes association
- Alternative and counter narrativesTraining
- Peer Reviewed practice
Federal Agency for reception of asylum seekers (Fedasil)
Governmental agency responsible for the reception of asylum seekers
Type of Organisation: Governmental institution
Belgium’s Federal agency for the reception of asylum seekers (Fedasil) provides training for reception centres and support services staff.
The training aims to:
- address staff questions on radicalisation, e.g. What is radicalisation? What does the process of radicalisation entail?
- train staff to prevent, identify and deal with radicalisation in reception centres;
- ensure the reporting of radicalisation to competent authorities.
After the training, staff members are able to:
- identify signs of radicalisation and prevent radicalisation;
- react appropriately to radicalisation in reception centres;
- know when and how to report radicalisation in reception centres.
Face-to-face training until the beginning of 2020 and since then (due to the COVID-19 pandemic) e-training via webinars.
Training modules (four PowerPoint presentations) sent to each participant ahead of the training.