- Publication date
- 5 July 2021
- Directorate-General for Migration and Home Affairs
- RAN Publications Topic
- Formal/informal education
This specialised paper explores key themes of the RAN Youth and Education Working Group (RAN Y&E). These themes are topics related to:
- working with youth in and around schools and supporting teachers;
- working with youth and supporting youth workers;
- youth participation in preventing and countering violent extremism (P/CVE).
The RAN Y&E is a working group for cross-collaboration for a “pedagogical climate” around youth. This climate encompasses parenting style(s), role of the environment in guiding children, and culture and beliefs surrounding children’s upbringing.
Keeping with the adage “it takes a village to raise a child”, there is a clear need to work together with parents and societal organisations to establish a unified approach to the upbringing of youth (pedagogical climate). RAN Y&E looks into the role of youth workers and professionals within the school system to identify the best ways to achieve this.