- Datum objave
- 23. marec 2021
- Generalni direktorat za migracije in notranje zadeve
- RAN Publications Topic
- Social cohesion and polarisation
The field of social diagnostics offers valuable tools and instruments that to date have been largely overlooked in the context of practical prevention and countering of violent extremism (P/CVE). Nonetheless, these instruments can complement security-focused risk assessments with a much-needed social perspective on the individual needs and resources of a person by:
- providing concrete support for intervention planning;
- providing guidance on a person’s progress;
- ensuring transparency of decision-making, supplementing processes of risk assessment, and assisting in multi-agency communication;
- advancing a holistic understanding of a person’s needs, vulnerabilities, resources and risks – when carried out alongside psychodiagnostical risk assessment.
The following paper introduces the field of social diagnostics and three selected instruments and tools that offer potential benefits for P/CVE. The tools presented here are the Inclusion-Chart 4 (IC4), Network Mapping, and the Biographical Timeline.
Tools and approaches like these can form the basis for further development of P/CVE-specific social diagnostics in the future – and may act as a steppingstone to the often -discussed resilience assessment.