26 October 2021 (15.30 – 17.00 CEST).
This webinar will be held in English and will take place via WebEx.
We are pleased to announce that the registrations for the RAN Webinar on ‘Contemporary Online Islamist Extremism’ on 26 October (15.30h - 17.00h CET) are now open.
- Otseülekanne on vaadatav
This webinar will follow up on the RAN Webinar on Islamist Extremism that took place at the end of 2020, by focusing in particular on the online aspects of the current Islamist extremism threat in Europe.
The webinar will, among others, focus on recent online developments and current narratives and what this means for P/CVE actions on the ground.
The webinar aims to answer the following questions:
- What narratives are currently being used by Islamist extremists and where do they manifest themselves?
- What has been the effect of COVID-19 in particular for the online Islamist extremist threat?
- What influences do the current developments in Afghanistan have on the online narratives and activities of Islamist extremists?
- What is the current impact of Islamist extremist narratives/propaganda on online users?
- What does this imply for P/CVE practitioners, how can they act upon these recent developments?
Presentations will be provided by Moustafa Ayad (Executive Director at ISD for Africa, the Middle East and Asia) and Camille Antunes (EUROPOL Internet Referral Unit). The event will be moderated by Magnus Ranstorp (Swedish Defence University).
The goal of the webinar is to disseminate the experts’ knowledge on the subject to a broader audience of practitioners. There will be some (although limited) possibility for Q&A with the experts.
- If you wish to attend this webinar, please register via this link. This link will redirect you to a page on which you will find a button ‘register’. Please click on this link and sign up with the email address with which you will attend the webinar.
- Shortly afterwards, you will receive a registration link in your email by WebEx which will lead you to the webinar environment. If you do not receive an email, please check your spam box.
If you have any questions or remarks, please don’t hesitate to contact RAN Staff.