Webinar EMN Netherlands
'Detention and alternatives to detention in international protection and return procedures'
The webinar builds on the study of the European Migration Network (EMN) on detention and alternatives to detention that, on request of EMN Sweden, provides comparable information from 25 European countries. This EMN study gives an overview of the similarities, differences and practical challenges in the use of detention and alternatives to detention in the Member States. In addition, EMN Netherlands conducted a benchmark that compares the Dutch study results with those of other Member States. The highlights of the study and benchmark will be presented in the webinar, which will focus on alternatives to detention in international protection and return procedures.
- Marie Bengtson, Coordinator EMN Sweden, Presentation EMN Study ‘Detention and alternatives to detention in international protection and return procedures’
- Julia Koopmans, Researcher EMN Netherlands, Overview of national practices in relation to alternatives to detention in the Netherlands,
- Dutch Advisory Council on Migration (ACVZ),Reflection on national practices and priorities in relation to alternatives to detention in the Netherlands
- Panel Discussion on alternatives to detention, with experts Estonia and the Netherlands.
The agenda, registration information and links to relevant reports will follow shortly on our website
Please feel free to share this Save the Date with others to whom the webinar might be interesting.
We are looking forward to welcoming you on 29 September!
- štvrtok 29. septembra 2022, 10:30 - 12:15 (CEST)
- Len online