For our RAN Youth & Education Working Group meeting, we are looking for youth workers, teachers and other educational professionals with experience in preventive work for girls in and around schools.
Practitioners who can provide concrete examples from daily practices, or who experience challenges around this topic, are invited to respond to this call for participants.
- Lisbon, Portugal
- RAN Y&E - Gender specific approachesLisbon, Portugal
- RAN Practitioners Staff
Background and aim of this meeting
At the RAN plenary meeting, practitioners identified gender issues as one of the most important challenges. This challenge refers to the increased "radical" transgressive sexual behaviour on the streets, at school and online, the gender specific roles in non-violent (and violent) ideologies and implications of this for prevention work focused on girls. Training programmes on resilience, social skills and shared values should be included in educational and youth work programmes for girls to counter this transgressive behaviour which can feed the breeding ground of radicalisation.
However, in the literature it is argued that most of the preventive work in and around schools is tailored towards boys, and that programmes for both boys and girls are not always a place where girls feel at ease.
During this exploratory meeting we will share inspiring practices focusing on girl-specific prevention work in and around schools, and find solutions to the most common challenges.
Target audience: teachers, youth workers, principals, pedagogues
Questions that will be discussed during the meeting include:
- Why is gender specific PVE work focused on girls important?
- Which risks and protective factors should girl-specific prevention work focus on?
- What are the implications of gender specific roles in non-violent (and violent) ideologies for prevention work? And are there gender specific differences in the detection of radicalisation?
- How do these narratives influence the prevention efforts in schools and youth work organisations for girls?
- How can we organise PVE activities for this target group?
How to register?
If you can provide concrete examples from daily practices, or if you experience challenges around this topic, please register here. We will invite participants based on the information in the registration link.
Please note that we can only invite a limited number of participants to this meeting to ensure valuable exchange and interaction, so participation for this meeting is not guaranteed.