The European Commission has launched a market study which aims to produce a sound overview of the situation of the civil security market in the EU.
- security research
The European Commission has launched a market study which aims to produce a sound overview of the situation of the civil security market in the EU. The study shall serve as a benchmarking tool which provides reliable up-to-date information on the EU market, including for the areas of Fighting Crime and Terrorism, Resilience of Critical Infrastructure, Border Management and Disaster Risk Management, both for the supply and the demands side.
Specifically, the objectives of the study include:
- Characterise the EU security market, both on the demand and the supply side, and analyse its dynamics, including:
- The segmentation of the security market and the identification and classification of the main actors, as well as a quantification of their resources for both the acquisition and supply of security solutions.
- The evolution of the security market since the adoption of the Action Plan for an innovative and competitive Security Industry in 2012.
- An estimation of the future trends during the period going, at least, from 2021 to 2027, as per covering the next long-term budget period of the European Commission.
- Make recommendations where security industrial policy intervention seems necessary.
The progress of the report was presented in on 5 July 2021. The study team, Deloitte and Ecorys, presented the ongoing analysis and discuss how its outcomes will benefit EU security market stakeholders.
This event was intended for stakeholders involved in the supply or purchase of security products and/or services and their representative bodies.