In order to apply for a visa, you need:
- a passport with at least two empty pages. The passport should have been issued within the last 10 years. The passport must be valid for at least 3 months beyond the date on which you intend to leave the Schengen territory, or, in the case of multiple journeys, the date on which you intend to leave after the last stay.
- a visa application form completed and signed.
Any person appearing in your travel document must complete a separate application form. The visa application form for a child under 18 must be signed by a parent or guardian.
- a recent identity photograph conform to ICAO standards.
- in the countries where the Visa Information System is operational your fingerprints will be collected when you submit your application (exemptions exist for specific categories of applicants).
- a visa fee to be paid when you submit your application
- a service fee to be paid if you are requested to submit your application at the offices of a service provider.
- a travel medical insurance covering emergency medical, hospitalisation and repatriation (including in case of death). The minimum cover should be of 30.000 EUR. This insurance must be valid for the entire Schengen area and throughout the duration of the stay.
- various documents relating to the purpose of your stay, evidence of means of support during your stay and your accommodation.
The complete list of documents can be consulted on the website of the consulate. During the processing time the consulate may, in individual cases, ask you to submit additional information or documents or you may be contacted for an interview.