Date of roadmap: 02 May 2016
The Europe for Citizens programme contributes to citizens' understanding of the Union, its history and diversity, and aims to foster European citizenship and improve conditions for civic and democratic participation at Union level. This programme is divided into two strands: "European remembrance" and "Democratic engagement and civic participation". These strands are complemented by a horizontal action devoted to analysis, dissemination and use of project results.
View the roadmap for this initiative
The Roadmap informs stakeholders and citizens about the initiative.
Send your feedback on the roadmap
Stakeholders were invited to provide feedback on the roadmap via this webpage.
Take part in the consultation activities
A public consultation in all languages was available online for the mandatory period of 12 weeks between 9 January 2017 to 10 April 2017. In total, the public consultation received 322 responses. The public consultation gave the possibility to interested parties to express their views and opinions on the EfCP and focused on the following topics:
- Awareness, experience and involvement of survey participants in the EfCP and EU-related activities;
- Importance of activities funded by EfCP for EU action;
- Effects of the survey respondents’ participation in the EfCP; and
- Interest in taking part in activities funded by the EfCP.
The summary of the results of the public consultation is presented here
View the documents relating to the evaluation
View the reference documents
- Council Regulation establishing the ‘Europe for Citizens’ programme for the period 2014-2020, (EU) No 390/2014
- Coffey International and Deloitte: Ex post evaluation of the Europe for Citizens programme 2007-2013
- Report on the ex post evaluation of the Europe for Citizens programme 2007-2013, COM(2015) 652 final