The Radicalisation Awareness Network (RAN) Practitioners is announcing an open call for participation in the 2021 RAN YOUNG platform. It is an invitation to the next generation of influential leaders, thinkers and doers in the field of prevention and countering of violent extremism (P/CVE).
This year RAN YOUNG will be expanded from 25 to 50 members. Through the platform, these 50 young actors will be empowered to play a role in the prevention and response to violent extremism.
The objective of the RAN YOUNG Platform 2021 is three-fold:
- Offer the opportunity for young actors from around Europe to meet and share views on P/CVE and related issues, and to formulate recommendations both for first-line practitioners and policymakers;
- Empower young people to proactively take action in their own communities or within their specific professions;
- Integratethe perspective of young people in other RAN Practitioners working group meetings.
We are seeking top-level candidates who meet the following profile:
- Between the ages of 18 and 25
- Resident of an EU Member State
- Experienced in the field of P/CVE with specific activities. For example:
- Volunteer work with vulnerable individuals with a radicalisation dimension
- Experience with P/CVE (online) campaigning
- Active participation in (local) P/CVE or resilience-building activities at the municipality level or in the mosque or the community
- Involvement in local/national/international organisations dealing with societal issues in relation to radicalisation
In addition, the following are considered valuable:
- Training in teaching or youth work, but also academic studies in criminology and security, or social studies (psychology, sociology, anthropology) with a focus on P/CVE
- Work experience as a first-line practitioner (teachers, youth workers, communication experts, young people working in local authorities social/safety teams)
- Participation in a webinar on 30 June is a precondition to participate in the RAN YOUNG meetings after summer 2021. The aim of this webinar will be to ensure an equal starting point for the young actors. For this webinar, interpretation in IT, ES, EL, FR and DE will be provided.
- Basic knowledge in English is desirable in order to follow RAN Practitioners activities and exchange with other members of the RAN YOUNG platform.
Please read the document below thoroughly for more information on how to apply.
For any questions or remarks you may contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org. Deadline for submission is 07 June 2021.