Home Affairs; Internal Security, Organised crime & Human Trafficking, Crisis & Terrorism, Police cooperation, External Relations
All citizens and organisations are welcome to contribute. Contributions are sought from persons, Member States, EU Institutions, local, regional and national authorities, international organisations, intergovernmental and non-governmental organisations, academic institutions, third countries, social partners and civil society.
Period of consultation
From 14 July 2014 to 3 October 2014
Objective of the consultation
The aim of the consultation is to collect opinions with a view to the renewal of the EU Internal Security Strategy for 2015-2020. In particular, you are invited to address the following questions.
- Which specific challenges need to be tackled by EU action in the coming five years regarding international crime, radicalisation and terrorism, cybercrime and cyber-attacks, natural and man-made disasters? What role should the border security have in addressing those challenges?
- Taking into account the developments in the next five years, which are the actions to be launched at the EU level?
- Which specific research, technology and innovation initiatives are needed to strengthen the EU´s capabilities to address security challenges?
- What is needed to safeguard rights of European citizens when developing future EU security actions?
- How can the EU´s foreign policy improve the security within the EU and/or your country?
How to submit your contribution
Contributions must be addressed to HOME-ISS@ec.europa.eu
In your reply, please indicate whether you are replying as citizen, organisation or public authority.
Received contributions will be published on the Internet. It is important to read the specific privacy statement attached to this consultation for information on how your personal data and contribution will be dealt with.
Directorate-General for Home Affairs Unit A3 – Police cooperation and relations with Europol and CEPOL
Directorate-General for Home Affairs
Unit A3 – Police cooperation and relations with Europol and CEPOL
B - 1049 Brussels
Reference documents and other, related consultations
- European Council guidelines for the future agenda of Justice and Home Affairs in the EU
- Commission Communication "The final implementation report of the EU Internal Security Strategy 2010-2014" (COM(2014) 365 final )
- Commission Communication "An open and secure Europe: making it happen" (COM(2014) 154
- Specific Privacy Statement
View the contributions
- The Netherlands
- United Kingdom
- BDZ Deutsche Zoll- und Finanzgewerkschat
- Council of Europe
- DE Hessen
- Environmental Investigation Agency
- European Forum for Urban Security
- European Foundation Center
- European Values Think Tank
- Eurotec S.A.
- Finnish National Rescue Association SPEK
- Foundation for European Progressive Studies
- International Commission of Jurists
- Missing Children Europe
- Open Dialogue Foundation
- Privacy International
- Quaker Council of European Affairs
- Return Path
- UCD Center for Cybersecurity
- Victim Support Europe
Deadline: from 04/10/2014 to: 04/10/2014