This webinar will be held in English
We are pleased to invite you to attend the RAN webinar on “Quality management and evaluation in P/CVE: how to create the best learning environment?” on 08 December 2021 from 15:30 to 17:00 CET via Webex.
Background and aim of this webinar
The EU Member States are implementing strategies, action plans and interventions to prevent and counter violent extremism (P/CVE). Quality management and evaluation are essential to make well-founded statements on the effectiveness of these activities, to improve working methods and create a learning environment for practitioners.
However, implementing quality management and evaluation into work routines and daily practice is not easy. It requires collaboration between practitioners and academics; moreover, the complex nature of P/CVE work, the target groups it addresses and the multiple parties involved, can make the implementation of quality management and evaluation challenging.
This webinar will explore current implementation of quality management and evaluation into daily practice and the collaboration between academics and practitioners. It will also discuss existing lessons learned and good practices.
In doing so, this webinar will provide an opportunity to explore the following key questions with on-topic experts:
- What is the role of professionalisation and quality management in the current development phase of P/CVE work?
- How does collaboration look from the viewpoint of academics and the daily work of practitioners?
- What could implementation of quality management and evaluation into daily practice look like? What indicators could be used and when?
- What are the main challenges here and how can they be overcome? What are the lessons learned?
The webinar will feature expert input by Paulo Teixeira (Logframe - Consultoria e Formação), Julian Junk (PreVal project / Peace Research Institute Frankfurt) and Liesbeth van der Heide (Municipality of The Hague / Institute of Security and Global Affairs), each bringing a different thematic focus. The discussions will also feature findings and outcomes from recent RAN events and publications on quality management and evaluation.
The target audience for this webinar: practitioners from different backgrounds working in the area of preventing or countering violent extremism, and researchers and policy officers that deal with the implementation and evaluation of P/CVE programmes.
How to register for this webinar?
- If you wish to attend this webinar, please register via this link. The link will redirect you to a page on which you will find a ‘register’ button. Please click on this button and sign up with the email address with which you will attend the webinar.
- Shortly afterwards, you will receive a registration link from WebEx in your email inbox which will lead you to the webinar environment. If you do not receive an email, please check your spam box. Since this is a webinar, you do not need to respond to this e-mail.
If you have any questions or remarks, please do not hesitate to contact Maarten Briedé.
- Publication date
- 16 November 2021
- Directorate-General for Migration and Home Affairs