This webinar will be held in English and will take place via WebEx Events.
We are pleased to invite you to the RAN Practitioners Webinar on ‘Latest trends stemming from VRWE, VLWE and conspiracy narratives for local P/CVE coordinators’ that will take place on 24 May 2022 from 15:00 to 16:30 (CET).
Aim and background
The objective of this webinar is for local P/CVE coordinators to learn more about the latest developments stemming from VRWE (Violent Right-Wing Extremism), VLWE (Violent Left-Wing Extremism) and conspiracy narratives throughout Europe. How are these trends manifesting themselves at the local level and how can the local P/CVE coordinators recognise, prevent and counter them?
Given the rise of right-wing extremism, conspiracy narratives as well as anti-authorities extremism following on COVID-19 policies, and the shift of many of these narratives to the Russian invasion of Ukraine, this webinar will address the changing landscape focusing on current threats. It aims to provide an overview of the current and most recent developments in the extremism scene in Europe, taking into account the similarities and differences of these trends in different countriesand, more importantly, adding to the local P/CVE coordinators’ existing knowledge of the latest trends of extremism and how to counter and prevent them.
The following key questions will be discussed:
- What are the latest trends stemming from right-wing and left-wing extremism in different regions in Europe?
- How is conspiracy theory being used by extremist groups to spread fake news and recruit vulnerable individuals?
- What do local P/CVE coordinators need to do to counter, and where possible, prevent the new trends of extremism?
The webinar will feature expert input from Lorenzo Marinone (European Foundation for Democracy, IT) and Alexander Ritzmann (Counter Extremism Project (CEP), DE).
- If you would like to attend this webinar, please register via this link. This link will redirect you to a WebEx page with a ‘register’ button. Please click on this button and sign up with your email address. Please, use the same e-mail address that you will use to log into the event.
- Shortly after your registration, you will be admitted to the event by RAN Staff and will receive an automated confirmation message and a registration link from WebEx which will lead you to the webinar environment. If you do not receive an email, please check your spam inbox.
- Please note that this webinar is primarily aimed at dissemination and will only allow for limited interaction between attendees and speakers. Attendees will be given the opportunity to pose questions via the Q&A function and/or Mentimeter during the event. All questions will be collected and select questions will be put to the speakers by the moderators.
- Publication date
- 6 May 2022
- Directorate-General for Migration and Home Affairs