This webinar will be held in English and will take place via WebEx Events on 03 March 2022 (15.00 – 16.30 CET).
We are pleased to invite you to the RAN Practitioners Webinar on ‘Gaming and Gamification in Extremism and P/CVE Interventions’ that will take place on 3 March 2022 from 15:00 to 16:30 (CET).
Aim and background
The goal of this webinar is to introduce first-line practitioners from different work fields, such as education, youth work or law enforcement, to the topic of gaming and gamification in extremism and P/CVE work.
By drawing on previous RAN expertise, an overview of how gaming elements, adjacent platforms and gamification are used by extremists will be provided.
Building on this, the webinar will focus on discussing the potential use of gaming and adjacent topics in the scope of P/CVE. This includes the discussion of pilot projects and related lessons learned.
The following key questions will be discussed:
- Which key info do P/CVE practitioners need to have regarding extremists’ use of gamification and other gaming-related topics in the context of P/CVE?
- What do we know about the practical implementation of gamification in P/CVE?
- What do we know about P/CVE approaches in the wider context of gaming, e.g. on gaming platforms? Specifically:
- How can P/CVE professionals actively engage with at-risk youths in gaming-adjacent spaces?
- How can games effectively engage at-risk youths in relation to P/CVE?
The webinar will feature expert input from Linda Schlegel (modus|zad), Rachel Fielden (Moonshot) and George Weiss (Radio La Benevolencija).
The event will focus on disseminating knowledge to practitioners who do not hold substantial prior knowledge of the topic. However, due to the setup and planned Q&A session, potential attendees with previous expertise in the area are expected to benefit as well.
- If you would like to attend this webinar, please register via this link. This link will redirect you to a WebEx page with a ‘register’ button. Please click on this button and sign up with your email address. Please use the same e-mail address that you will use to log into the event.
- Shortly after your registration, you will be admitted to the event by RAN Staff and will receive an automated confirmation message and a registration link from WebEx which will lead you to the webinar environment. If you do not receive an email, please check your spam inbox.
- Please note that this webinar is primarily aimed at dissemination and will only allow for limited interaction between attendees and speakers. Attendees will be given the opportunity to pose questions via the Q&A function and/or Mentimeter during the event. All questions will be collected and select questions will be put to the speakers by the moderators.
- Data tal-pubblikazzjoni
- 17 Frar 2022
- Direttorat Ġenerali għall-Migrazzjoni u l-Affarijiet Interni