The overall goal of DECOUNT is to promote democracy and combat extremism through an online counter- and alternative narratives campaign.
The project designed and disseminated an online campaign that included:
- Online resources for deradicalisation and prevention
- Video game structured along binary decisions leading to radicalisation or maintaining resilience
- Video with alternative narratives
The target audience included German speaking youth in countries where the project partners are active, which included Austria and Germany.
Key outcomes of the project included:
- Games can be a useful to facilitate behaviour change and critical thinking due to the action and fun learning principles. The project demonstrated it can be used as an educational tool.
- Practitioners need to focus on primary prevention and not only on those already vulnerable to radicalisation. The general educational system could already promote resilience through these educational tools.
This paper follows a briefing structure, in which it will summarise the campaign, present the achievements of the project and the lessons learned on online campaigning in PCVE, as well as the links to the main campaign messages.
- Dáta foilsithe
- 13 Iúil 2021
- Ard-Stiúrthóireacht um Imirce agus Gnóthaí Baile