On Thursday 19 May, the European Commission and the Mission of Ukraine to the EU are organising an information session: “EU Solidarity with Ukraine: protecting people fleeing the war”. The event will be open to the public, where prior registration required.
A public discussion with asylum and anti-trafficking experts
The information session focuses on two pivotal topics concerning the protection of people who are fleeing the war in Ukraine:
- the right to temporary protection
- the dangers and prevention of human trafficking
Topics will be discussed in two panel sessions with experts from the European Commission, EU Agencies, diplomatic missions, civil society organisation and the Ukrainian diaspora. After each panel, audience members will have the opportunity to ask questions.
- Vsevolod Chentsov, Ambassador of Ukraine to the EU
- Mery Akopyan, Deputy Minister of the Interior of Ukraine
- Beate Gminder, Deputy Director General of DG HOME
- Diane Schmitt, EU Anti-Trafficking Coordinator
Full agenda of the information session.
Join us for the information session
- When: Thursday 19 May, from 10.30 – 12.30
- Where: Station Europe building, Place du Luxembourg 100, B-1050 Brussels, Belgium (prior registration required)
- Register through the following link
- Datum objave
- 13 maj 2022
- Generalni direktorat za migracije in notranje zadeve