The 2019 operational results of EMPACT, the EU’s operational mechanism to fight organised international crime, were presented on June 5th to the Home Affairs Ministers of the European Union.
Last year, EMPACT’s combined all-EU efforts led to significant results:
- 8,000 arrests
- More than 1,400 victims of trafficking in human beings and child sexual abuse were identified,
- €400M in fraud affecting the interests of the EU were prevented,
- 75 tons of drugs and chemicals seized,
- 6,000 weapons seized,
- €77M worth of criminal assets were frozen and seized.
There were many more achievements in various fields among others:
- training and capacity building,
- cooperation with non-EU partners,
- fighting online crime.
For full details about results of the EMPACT Operational Action Plans for 2019, please read EMPACT - 2019 results factsheet (PDF)
EMPACT 2019 results video
- Fecha de publicación
- 30 junio 2020