- United Kingdom
- Target Audience
- First responders or practitionersEducators/academicsHealth practitioners
- key themes association
- Alternative and counter narrativesTraining
Home Office (Government Department)
Office for Security and Counter-Terrorism (OSCT)
Type of Organisation: Governmental institution
WRAP is an hour-long, interactive, facilitated workshop based on video content, aimed at frontline staff.
The workshop aims to:
- increase their awareness and understanding of the Prevent agenda and their role within it;
- enhance their ability to recognise potentially vulnerable individuals who may be at risk of radicalisation;
- explain how to share concerns leading to a common sense-based response offering support and intervention for vulnerable people;
- provide a clear picture of existing risks and threats, both nationally and at local level;
- boost their knowledge and confidence to discuss grievances;
- raise awareness of key issues as well as means of managing these issues by all agencies, so as to keep citizens safe and prevent terrorist activity;
- increase the agency's capacity to prevent violent extremism.
The interactive, facilitated workshop uses video content, which is accompanied by a feedback form for the trainer and the delegates.