- Target Audience
- Violent extremistsPrison / probationFamilies
- key themes association
- Prison and probationRehabilitation
Back on Track
Back on Track is a governmental project set up by the Danish Ministry of Social Affairs and Integration, in collaboration with the Danish Prison and Probation Services.
Type of Organisation: Governmental institution
This programme is designed for inmates and remand prisoners charged with or convicted of terrorism and/or inmates vulnerable to radicalisation.
The aim is to help the inmates — though the intervention of mentors —to improve their capacity to tackle everyday situations, problems and conflicts by:
- motivating inmates to opt for a lifestyle free of crime;
- involving the inmates' network outside prison (family, friends etc.);
- assisting inmates with concrete challenges related to release (finding a home, work, etc.).
An important part of Back on Track is also training mentors to strengthen their competencies in various dialogue techniques as well as in their coaching and conflict management skills. Mentor coaches will support and supervise mentors throughout their work.