- Target Audience
- First responders or practitionersLaw enforcement officersPrison / probation
- key themes association
- Deradicalisation/disengagementPrison and probation
National Administration of Penitentiaries, Romania
Type of Organisation: Governmental institution
Training sessions on the phenomenon of radicalisation, under the aegis of the Strategy for the prevention of radicalisation in the penitentiary environment.
The training course is aimed at penitentiary units from every corner of the country; eight penitentiary units have been selected punctually, in order to pilot and establish the degree of sustainability of the form of delivery of the course to the penitentiary staff.
The target audience is penitentiary administration staff who carry out specific activities with inmates as well as staff who occupy management positions in penitentiary units.
It is expected that from 2020, the training course will be delivered to all prison units in Romania.
- The training sessions aim at transmitting, for learning, theoretical and methodological concepts regarding the phenomenon of radicalisation in the penitentiary environment and the use of specific tools within the Strategy for preventing radicalisation in order to identify the people who present a risk in the target phenomenon.
- Workers from the department in charge of preventing crime and terrorism from penitentiary units deliver the training course.
- The training sessions were organised over two months in 2019, the information being transmitted in the form of PowerPoint presentations and a physical material course providing support for the frontline staff. Starting in 2020, courses with annual frequency will be delivered to all penitentiary units in Romania.
- The resources used: human, IT equipment, A4 sheets with brief information.
The key principles on which the training sessions are based are synthesised from social sciences and best practices learned from participating in various events.
The course is based on elements specific to radicalisation, which led to elaborating the Strategy for preventing radicalisation in the penitentiary environment:
Identification of radicalisation indicators:
- working together with civil society for reintegration;
- multidisciplinary activities for efficient recuperative interventions;
- speciality support from national qualified structures in regard to radicalisation and terrorism.
The training course is put together with information and data collected from active participation into R2PRIS project.
National Administration of Penitentiaries
39 Calea Floreasca,
Contact person: National Administration of Penitentiaries, Romania
Telephone: +40 311 303 362
officeanp [dot] gov [dot] ro (Email) | Website