- Target Audience
- Prison / probation
- key themes association
- Prison and probationTraining
- Peer Reviewed practice
National School for Training of Prison Agents Tîrgu Ocna, Romania
Type of Organisation: Governmental institution
The curriculum of the National School for Training of Prison Agents Tîrgu Ocna (Romania) covers the following topics. The time allotted for each is in parentheses.
- theoretical approaches (100 minutes)
- radicalisation as a process (100 minutes)
- factors that influence radicalisation (200 minutes)
- specific features of radicalisation in the penitentiary system (300 minutes)
- internal and external sources of radicalisation of detainees (300 minutes)
- the behaviour of radicalised inmates in detention (800 minutes for theoretical introduction/debate, and 400 minutes for practical activities)
- the detention regime for radicalised persons (400 minutes for theoretical introduction/debate, and 200 minutes for practical activities)
- measures taken for preventing risky situations associated with the radicalisation of inmates (400 minutes for theoretical introduction/debate, and 200 minutes for practical activities)
- programmes for deradicalisation and disengagement (300 minutes)
- preventing delinquency and terrorism in penitentiary environment (200 minutes)
- religious assistance of persons deprived of liberty and taken into custody of the National Administration of Penitentiaries (100 minutes).
Training is delivered by the internal staff of the National School for Training of Prison Agents Tîrgu Ocna, Romania.
- human: teacher(s), students
- equipment: laptop, video projector, flipchart, whiteboard
- materials: course support
- venue: classroom, simulator room.
The main training output is threefold: face-to-face training, course books and practical application.
Each year, the National School for Training of Prison Agents organises and hosts a number of conferences. Attendees are specialists focusing on radicalisation who have received training via different projects (e.g. the one mentioned above, titled 'Enhancing the capacity of the penitentiary system to develop the human resources of the penitentiary administration').
Moreover, the curriculum of the National School for Training of Prison Agents Tîrgu Ocna, Romania, which is approved by the Romanian Ministry of Justice, includes a theme on radicalisation, taught in the Penitentiary Psychology module.
Contact person: Manuela Frängu, Deputy Director
Read the full practice
- IddawnlowdjaDeutsch(196.8 KB - PDF)
- Iddawnlowdjafrançais(184.39 KB - PDF)