- Target Audience
- Educators/academicsFirst responders or practitioners
- key themes association
- Local strategies/citiesMulti-agency cooperation
- Peer Reviewed practice
At the district level (sub-regional), the Prevention Group brings together government representatives, social and health workers, security services, prosecutor and child judicial protection services, etc., including psychologists and psychiatrists, who are specific to the group in the Côte-d’Or district. The District Security Group proceeds to a global real-time evaluation of the danger, threat or risk level, and evaluates Islamic extremism. A District Officer responsible for radicalisation prevention coordinates these actors at the district level.
At the local level (subdistrict) on the field, social, health and integration actors form part of Territorial Units that ensure follow-up for individuals, according to the requirements of the situation.
Members of the Prevention Group and District Security Group must sign a confidentiality and non-disclosure agreements.
The regional inter-ministerial team for prevention of radicalisation is based on a common partnership between eight key institutions. The centre is co-supervised by the officer of each institution in charge of preventing radicalisation. The centre is funded by the CIPDR, which is a national body.
Type of Organisation: Governmental institution
The strategy for preventing and countering radicalisation in the Côte-d’Or district (region of Bourgogne-Franche-Comté in France) is based on a multidisciplinary and multi-actor approach that is tailored in response to individual requirements, as follows.
- At the regional level, the regional inter-ministerial team for prevention of radicalisation aims to enable equal access to resources, share best practices and improve practical tools across a number of districts.
- At the district level (sub-regional), the Prevention Group, a global network of professionals, set up customised prevention measures for each individual. A District Security Group, comprising security and intelligence services, conducts a global real-time assessment of the danger, threat and risk level, and evaluates Islamic extremism. A District Officer in charge of radicalisation coordinates all these actors at the district level.
- At the local level (subdistrict) on the field, social, health and integration workers form Territorial Units that carry out follow-up for each individual.
Training courses keep going for all social, health and integration employees working in the field of preventing and countering radicalisation in the Côte-d’Or district and also for some students in the fields of social and health.
Eight key institutions at the district level, forming the regional inter-ministerial team for prevention of radicalisation, head a resource centre dealing with radicalisation. For instance, the prefecture (government representation in the district), the regional health agency, child judicial protection services and prison services, the national education and the agricultural education systems. The centre aims to mutualise human, financial and technical resources, and share tools and resources via a platform.
Préfecture de la Côte-d’Or
53 rue de la Préfecture
21041 Dijon Cedex
Contact person: Karine Rostaing